Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hildegard Von Bingen music...







Tonight I went to a program entitled "Through the Ear to the Heart " It is singing the chants of Hildegard von Bingen. She was a 12th century nun who composed songs and is being canonized a saint supposedly this OCT.

I had never heard of her until recently when some of us were introduced to a song of hers that chrism felt was very devotional. There was some talk on the devotional site about her wisdom and interests. Her songs are all written in devotion. Tonight I learned that she wrote songs for many of the monasteries in honor of the particular saint the monks/nuns honored.

I am a very visual person and like to see what I am hearing and attempting to sing but this lady's method is to have the group hear her sing and then we repeat. There is no right or wrong way - no need to say the words correctly it is singing from the God voice that she says is right at the base of the neck behind the throat.

When I was in middle school I sang the Latin for the Catholic masses and loved the voice that I had at that time. Since then I have only sung in church and on my own mostly to the nieces and nephews. Tonight it felt like I had never stopped singing. As I listened I was picking up Latin with some strange sounds turns out that it is Latin with a German bent as Hildegard would have spoken.

I love to sing yet never have felt my voice was any good yet tonight the sounds just rolled out of my body - She talked of the vibration of the voice and the whole use of the body to sing.

On the table there were the same flowers that I had seen in the video chrism posted today - explaining the K using the flower as a visual - these were pink - chrism used Yellow. She talked of the energy - the vibration, the voice of God, we being singing pipes as Hildegrad referred to folks. I saw so many K references - Kundalini Living is everywhere I go. Everything has Kundalini significance- everything. Tonight it was very evident that Kundalini is in my voice.

The leader talked about how our voice reached out to others. Just as we discuss here how the voice of chrism is infused with Shakti and reaches into our brains into our spines down to the base of the spine. Whether we hear his voice or read the words given - we receive. Tonight we all were receiving each other’s voice and I felt my K being gifted to those around me.

At the end of the time we formed a circle and sang thru the chant we learned ( kind of - no need to memorize it is only important to "feel" the vibration of the music and how it makes us feel) we sang once for ourselves - once for those around us and once for the world. A trinity of gifts - just like the Kundalini Mother /Father /child. Sacred Female /Sacred Male /Sacred Child.

I will be able to meet the next 2 months with them and I plan to go - I love singing and it feels good to belt out in song without worrying about how I sound to others.

I will be looking up Hildegard references but what this group has been working on is the play entitled: Ordo Virtutum - she writes of the virtues. We sang of HOPE tonight but I have a feeling that the virtues will be very in sync with the safeties presented by chrism.

This is what we sang only in Latin/German (sounds so much nicer in this language than English )

Hope- I am the sweet beholder of the living eye, whom deceitful torpor cannot ensnare. therefore you, o darkness, cannot cloud my gaze.

Virtues/Divine powers- O living life, and o sweet consoler, you vanquish the destruction of death, and your discerning eye the closed gated of heaven opens

Namaste





No comments:

Post a Comment