Friday, June 1, 2012

Weaving meditation...


Baskets have always been a love of mine.  Years ago I learned from Lorraine Burnett in IN.  We did the basket style above- the MELON BASKET.  As I rode home with my basket on my lap I marveled at how I had made something from some pieces of rattan.  It was a beautiful basket in my opinion.  From that day forward I began teaching and sharing my love for the craft with others. 

There is a rhythm that one finds when weaving.  It is calming and regenerative as well as rejuvenating.  As I weave I become lost in the process. 

This same feeling is embraced with the Kundalini.  Allowing the process to envelope one and to be open to the gift of grace brings one to a feeling of contentment of surrender.  When the Kundalini began its work with me I began to work with chrism and to share my love of the process with others.  As I shared of my knowledge of basketry I began sharing of my learnings and understandings of the Kundalini.  The learnings never end and I am grateful for the KAS1 teachings.  

As the Divine is creatively showing me how to come back to my true self I will show others how to weave and meditate on creating baskets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment